- By submitting your piece, you give PAAC consent to publish and approval of light copy editing prior to publication. We will send a media release form for all contributors to sign.
- Writing piece word count depends on vertical. Please ask the appropriate section editor for direction.
- Content warnings: use them. Examples include: racial violence, sexual violence, emotional or physical abuse.
- Profanity! Yes, we welcome the use of it, especially we’re discussing sacred + profane. We will moderate any harmful slurs that are gendered, racial, homophobic, transphobic, etc. If you have anything you’re unsure about and want to discuss further, feel free to reach out to me.
- If you would like your piece to remain anonymous, please discuss with your editor and we will consider this on a case by case basis.
- Oxford comma: yes. Otherwise use AP style guide when possible.
- Use the New Revised Standard Version when quoting scripture
- We encourage a diverse use of how we describe God in our devotionals. For those who have devotionals that fall under National Women’s History Month, we suggest that you use female or gender neutral pronouns to describe God.
- Capitalize terms such as “the Gospels, the Scriptures, the Holy Scriptures.
- Lowercase biblical in all uses
- Lowercase bible as a non religious term
- Do not abbreviate individual books of the bible